Help Placing Your Dog - Guardian Surrender Program
Peace of Mind Dog Rescue focuses on taking in senior dogs from shelters and taking in dogs from senior guardians who can no longer care for them. We focus on helping dogs and people from Monterey, Santa Cruz, and San Benito counties.
We also take in dogs by prearrangement through our Perpetual Care Program.
If you need help placing a dog or need to surrender a dog, please fill out an online intake questionnaire.
If your dog is accepted into our program, we will provide the following:
- Placement in a foster home until she is adopted.
- High quality dog food.
- Coverage of any medical needs that come up while she is in our care.
- Socialization and companionship.
- A safety net for the lifetime of your dog should she ever need to find a new home at any point in her life.
- Grooming and flea control while she is in our care.
- Screening of potential adopters including home visit and reference check.
- Annual follow-ups and home visits to ensure the placement has been successful.
Any donation made will also help us rescue more dogs left behind.
You may also want to consider the free Stay at Home Rescue Program through Animal Friends Rescue Project.You may also want to submit your dog to the Paws Like Me rehoming website. Be sure to enter Peace of Mind Dog Rescue as the referring organization. It is a required field for your submission.