Valentine's Special – Adoption Fees Waived for Super Seniors
We are waiving adoption fees for all dogs 14 years old and up from February 8 through February 21, 2024. It's not that we don't love and value super seniors! It's quite the opposite.
Why are we doing this, and how does it affect our screening process for adopters?
- Super seniors are often overlooked for their age and medical needs, while all they want is a loving home and comfy lap for their golden years.
- We want to highlight these special senior pups to give them an opportunity to shine.
- We will continue to do our thorough adoption screenings to ensure our super seniors land in loving forever homes.
- We will speak with potential adopters about their ability to provide their super senior with proper medical care. Pups adopted through our program can also receive medical care at lower than average cost at POMDR's own vet clinic.
Find out more about the benefits of waiving adoption fees:
- Maddie's Fund's no-fee adoption event study
- Best Friend's "How Fee-waived Adoptions Are Saving Lives"